So - To loosen the stress of actually doing the project, because lets face it, most projects you undertake, no matter what they are, can be so fun, but sometimes even a little bit stressfull.
So to keep at proper “routine” as it is, because fucking hell, i’m useless at deadlines :p - I’m going to do it as weekly updates, no matter how big or small, the updates will be posted here on a weekly basis.
So this weeks update:
All i have to say is, we have the working base terrain engine (Screenshot was posted a few days ago), in a language i’m new to - Even thats an accomplishment to me.
Next weeks update is primarily going to be populating the map with useful elements.
Don’t worry, progress is still going on, i’ve got some other stuff going on, but whenever i have free time im still developing the game.
I’ve been playing around with Perlin Noise alot really, just trying to gain different results, but to be honest, i liked the “retro” look of the terrain i generated in the browser version of the game. So i’ve tried to implement that “look” and feel of the base-terrain back into the game. Success…
Also, i spent some time in Photoshop coming up with a logo for the game too! - Take a look at the bottom left of the photoshop. It’s exactly what i was looking for…
More progress on the terrain generation will be posted soon.
Development resumes tomorrow - Im going to focus on customization i think, after me and Jan where discussing alot of ideas for the game, we decided that one of them should play a huge part in character customization, for now this will just be aesthetic customization, but still - It’s a great start!
See you tomorrow then eh!